November 11,2018November 11, 2018
November 13,2018November 13, 2018
Current Affairs for Engineering Service Exam
Video Lectures and Test Series for ESE 2019
- National and International Issues on
- Economic Development
- Social Development
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
- The Key Initiatives of Government
- General Knowledge
Topic 2 : Energy
The second edition of INSPIRE symposium is being organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank.
- The symposium will focus on enhancing grid management, e-Mobility, financial instruments and technologies for energy efficiency in India.
- The #InnovateToINSPIRE challenge was organized by EESL and World resources Institute (WRI).
- The challenge invited participants to submit sustainable and scalable solutions to seven specific challenges spanning grid management, e-Mobility, energy efficient technologies and financial instruments. From 94 entries, four winners were selected by an eminent jury comprised of Indian and international experts in the field of energy.
- EESL and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed an agreement for a Global Environment Facility (GEF) grant of USD 13 million to establish an Energy Efficiency Revolving Fund (EERF).
- EERF aims to expand and sustain investments in the energy efficiency market in India, build market diversification, and scale up existing technologies.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- It working towards mainstreaming energy efficiency and is implementing the world’s largest energy efficiency portfolio in the country.
- It aims to create market access for efficient and future-ready transformative solutions that create a win-win situation for every stakeholder.
Read more at: PIB
Topic 3 : ICT
NASA’s Ralph – a space instrument that has travelled as far as Pluto – is set to explore Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids, which are remnants from the early days of the solar system.
- It was first launched aboard the New Horizons spacecraft in 2006.
- It revealed images of Jupiter and its moons and Pluto.
- In 2021, Ralph is set to journey with the Lucy mission to Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids.
- It will study this diverse group of bodies and will detect trojan asteroid’s chemical foot prints.
- It allows scientists to interpret data provided by the Sun’s reflected light that are the fingerprints of different elements and compounds.
Read more at: The Hindu
Lucy is a planned NASA space probe that will tour five Jupiter trojans, asteroids which share Jupiter’s orbit around the Sun, orbiting either ahead of or behind the planet.
- Lucy is planned to launch in 2021.
- IT will explore the environment of Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids.
- Lucy will be the first space mission to study the Trojans.
- Trojans are bodies that are present in Lagrange points.
Read more at: The Hindu
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is readying itself to put communication satellite GSAT-29 on its heavy-lift vehicle, the GSLV-MkIII.
- ISRO’s second communication satellite mission of 2018.
- The GSAT-29 satellite itself is one of the planned Indian HTS quartet. The HTSs or high throughput satellites are being sent out to provide a vastly improved and faster Internet connectivity.
- It will provide or augment digital communication in remote Village Resource centres.
- GSLV-MkIII -D2 is the second test flight of the heavy lift vehicle carrying the satellite
- D2’s success will regularise the launch vehicle’s services and ease dependence on foreign service providers.
Read more at: The Hindu
Topic 4: The Key Initiatives of Government
Logistic Efficiency Enhancement Programme (LEEP)
- The programme is aimed at enhancing the freight transportation in India through improving cost, time, tracking and transferability of consignments through infrastructure, procedural and Information Technology (IT) interventions.
- The parks are expected to serve four key functions – freight aggregation and distribution, multimodal freight movement, storage and warehousing, and value-added services such as custom clearances.
- Kaushal Panjee (Skill Register) is a mobilisation platform for skill development.
- The skill register aims to be citizen centric end-to-end solution to aid mobilization of candidates for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) and Rural Self Employment Training Institutes (RSETI).
- It facilitates mobilization through Self Help Group members, Gram Panchayat Functionaries, Block Officials, and Common Service Centres and directly by the candidate.
- RSETIs and DDU-GKY Partners can access the Kaushal Panjee to connect with the mobilized rural youth.
- Kaushal Panjee is connected to the Social Economic Caste Census 2011 which will help the States plan and target their mobilizations based on the socio-economic profile of households in their State.