Quiz,October 26,2018October 29, 2018
Quiz,October 28,2018October 29, 2018
Current Affairs for Engineering Service Exam
Video Lectures and Test Series for ESE 2019
- National and International Issues on
- Economic Development
- Social Development
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
- The Key Initiatives of Government
- General Knowledge
Topic 1:Industrial development
Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA)
Union government recently launched the Pradhan Mantri AnnadataAaySanraksHan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA), which is intended to shore up the prices that farmers get for their produce.
Components of PM-AASHA:
- Under this the physical procurement of pulses, oilseeds and Copra will be done by Central Nodal Agencies with the proactive role of the state governments.
- Under the scheme, it is proposed to cover all oilseeds for which minimum support price (MSP) is notified.
- For oilseeds, the states will have the option to roll out Private Procurement Stockist Scheme (PPSS) on pilot basis in selected districts and Agricultural Produce Market Committee’s (APMC) of district involving the participation of private stockiest.
Read more at: The Hindu
Gujarat’s first Mega Food Park
Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries inaugurated the first Mega Food Park in Gujarat.
- Aimed at giving a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with particular focus on perishables.
- The facilities include Multi Chamber Cold Store, warehouse, pulping Line, QC Laboratory and other related food processing facilities.
- It will benefit the farmers, growers, processors and consumers of Gujarat and adjoining areas immensely.
- It create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along the value chain from farm to market with strong forward and backward linkages through a cluster based approach
About Mega Food Parks:
- The Scheme aims at providing a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers
- The food parks aims to ensure maximizing value addition, minimizing wastage, increasing farmers‘ income and creating employment opportunities particularly in rural sector.
- It is based on “Cluster” approach and envisages a well-defined processing zone containing state-of-the art processing facilities with support infrastructure and well-established supply chain.
- Pattern of Assistance:
- In General areas – one time capital grant of 50% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs.50 crore.
- In Hilly & Difficult terrain – Capital grant of 75% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 50 crore in North East Regions.
Read more at: PIB
Topic 4: The Key Initiatives of Government
Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram (JSSK)
- The scheme entitles all pregnant women delivering in public health institutions to an absolutely free and no expense delivery including C- section.
- All expenses are borne by the government.
- A pregnant woman is also entitled to free transport from home to the government health facility.
- Entitlements include free drugs and consumables, free diagnostic, free blood, free diet up to 3 days for normal delivery and 7 days for C-section.
- Similar entitlements have been put in place for all sick newborns accessing public health institutions for healthcare till 30 days after birth.
- It also provides for free transport from home to institution, between facilities in case of a referral and drop back home.
- This initiative will also help in reducing maternal and infant mortality and morbidity.
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS)
- It is a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under the National e-Governance Plan of Govt. of India.
- It is aimed to create a comprehensive and integrated system for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of Police.
- A nationwide networked infrastructure for evolution of IT-enabled state-of-the-art tracking system around ―investigation of crime and detection of criminals‖ will be created to automate police functions at police Station and higher levels.
- It will also create facilities and mechanism to provide public services like registration of online complaints, ascertaining the status of case registered at the police station, verification of persons etc.
Topic 5: General Knowledge
WTO sets up dispute panel on India-US
- The World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) dispute settlement body has set up a panel to examine the U.S.’ complaint against certain export-subsidy measures by India as both the sides.
- The U.S. dragged India to WTO over export subsidies,saying that these incentives were harming the American firm
About WTO dispute settlement:
- Dispute settlement is regarded by the World Trade Organization (WTO) as the central pillar of the multilateral trading system, and as the organization’s “unique contribution to the stability of the global economy”.
- By joining the WTO, member countries have agreed that if they believe fellow members are in violation of trade rules, they will use the multilateral system of settling disputes instead of taking action unilaterally this entails abiding by agreed procedures Dispute Settlement Understanding and respecting judgments, primarily of the Dispute Settlement Board (DSB), the WTO organ responsible for adjudication of disputes.
Read more at: The Hindu