- National and International Issues on
- Economic Development
- Social Development
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
Topic 1:Social development
Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship partnered with with Ministry of Power to support household electrification scheme ‘Saubhagya’
- To support the successful execution of the scheme, the vocational training program has been launched
- The training infrastructures available with ITI’s at district level as well as the infrastructures available with the State Power Distribution Utilities will be utilized for skill training of the candidates ensuring successful implementation of the scheme.
- Saubhagya offers many collateral benefits, which includes creating employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for the rural youth
Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna (SAUBHAGYA) scheme aims to achieve universal household electrification in all parts of the country.
Read more at:PIB
Topic 2 : Energy
ISA and India sign the Host Country Agreement
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), have signed the Host Country Agreement.
- The Agreement will give ISA a juridical personality and gives it power to contract, to acquire and dispose off movable and immovable properties, to institute and defend legal proceedings.
- Under this agreement, ISA shall enjoy such privileges, applicable tax concessions and immunities as are necessary for ISA’s Headquarter to independently discharge its function and programmes
- ISA shall be deriving its status, privileges and immunities as per Article 10 of Framework Agreement.
Read more at: PIB
Surat first district to have 100% solar powered health centres:
Surat has become the first district in the country to have 100% solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC).
- There are a total of 52 PHCs in the district and all of them are now powered by solar system.
Read More at:ET
Topic 3 : ICT
E- Tribes India
The government has launched “E- Tribes”, TRIFED’s websites. It includes www.tribesindia.com, www.trifed.in and Retail Inventory Software and M-commerce app.
- Going Digital will lead to expansion of tribal commerce and the availability of tribal products over large area, reaping greater benefits for tribal artisans.
- Retail Trade of tribal products would expand all over the country and the world.
TRIFED is an apex organisation at National Level and functioning under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Read more at:PIB
Smart India Hackathon 2018
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) is organizing Smart India Hackathon 2018.
- Smart India Hackathon 2018 is a non-stop digital product development competition, where problems are posed to technology students for innovative solutions. It will harnesses creativity & expertise of students and sparks institute-level hackathons.
- It builds funnel for ‘Startup India’ campaign and crowdsources solutions for improving governance and quality of life. It also provides opportunity to citizens to provide innovative solutions to India’s daunting problems
- Smart India Hackathon 2018 would be the second massive scale hackathon initiative in India following Smart India Hackathon 2017.
Read more at: TOI