January 13, 2019January 14, 2019
January 15, 2019January 15, 2019
Current Affairs for Engineering Service Exam
- National and International Issues on
- Economic Development
- Social Development
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
- General Knowledge
Topic 2 : Energy
ECO Niwas Samhita 2018
ECO Niwas Samhita 2018 Launched By Power Ministry
- Ministry of Power has launched the ECO Niwas Samhita 2018, an Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings (ECBC-R).
- The Code was launched on the occasion of National Energy Conservation Day 2018.
- It aims to benefit the occupants and the environment by promoting energy efficiency in design and construction of homes, apartments and townships.
- It aims to promote design and construction of homes including apartments and townships to give benefits of energy efficiency to the occupants.
- This Code has been prepared after extensive consultations with all stakeholders, consisting of architects & experts including building material suppliers and developers.
- The parameters listed in the Code have been developed based on large number of parameters using climate and energy related data.
- The Code is expected to assist large number of architects and builders who are involved in design and construction of new residential complexes in different parts of the country.
- Implementation of this Code will have potential for energy savings to the tune of 125 Billion Units of electricity by 2030, which is equivalent to about 100 million ton of Co2 emission.
Read more at: econiwas
Topic 4: General Knowledge
Philip Kotler Presidential award
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management has presented First-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award to The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi.
- The Award focuses on the triple bottom-line of People, Profit and Planet.
- It will be offered annually to the leader of a Nation.
Read more at: PIB