Current Affairs for Engineering Service Exam
Video Lectures and Test Series for ESE 2019
GS Article 2 : Important committees
- Six Member Committee on Film Certification
- Chairperson-Shyam Benegal
- Purpose -To lay down the procedure of certification within the guidelines of Cinematograph Act 1952 and suggest a suitable staffing structure for more efficient service.
- CBFC should only be a film certification body whose scope should be restricted to categorizing the suitability of the film to audience groups.
- The Certification of films have been split into three sections – General Guidelines, Issue Related Guidelines and Category Specific Guidelines.
2. Arvind Panagariya Panel
- Chairperson Arvind Panagariya
- Purpose: To fast track bullet trains.
3. Companies Law Committee
- Chairperson: Tapan Roy
- Purpose: To examine and making recommendations on changing of Companies Act-2013
4. Committee on Godavari Rejuvenation
- Chairperson: Deepak Naik
- Purpose: To revive Godavari by rejuvenating 78 % of the river in a year.
5. Committee on Education & Evolution of a National Education Policy
- Chairperson T S R Subramanian
- Purpose: To evolve the New Education Policy
6. N K Singh Panel on FRBM Revival
- Chairperson: N K Singh
- Purpose: To review the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) Act of 2003 in the context of the uncertainty and volatility in the global economy.
7. Three Member Committee on Transport
- Chairperson: Sanjay Mitra
- Purpose – To frame a policy framework for taxi aggregators and other transport operators.
8. Central Pay Commission
- Chairperson: Justice A K Mathur
- Purpose – To recommend substantial raise to the salaries and pensions to one crore central government employees.
9. R M Lodha Panel on MCI
- Chairperson R M Lodha
- Purpose – To oversee Medical Council of India by bringing transparency and create a framework to plug loopholes in order to curb corruption. To oversee how the regulator of medical profession and education in India function.
10. Madhav Chitale Committee
- Chairperson: Madhav Chitale
- Purpose-To gear up the guidelines for the desiltation (clearing off the silts) of the river Ganga.
11. T V S N Prasad Committee
- Chairperson T V S N Prasad
- Purpose – To explore possible alternatives to pellet guns in Kashmir introduced by the State Police in 2010.
12. Sudarshan Sen Committee
- Chairperson: Sudarshan Sen
- Purpose – To study regulatory issues relating to financial technology (FinTech) and digital banking in India.
13. Committee on Trade Facilitation
- Chairperson: Pradeep Kumar Sinha
- Purpose – To develop the pan-India road map for trade facilitation.
14. Parliamentary Panel
- Chairperson: Veerappa Moily
- Purpose – To review the disinvestment policy, Banking Sector. To revive the all budgetary reforms.
15. Parliamentary Panel on Home Affairs
- Chairperson: P Chidambaram
- Purpose – To review border issues and border security
16. International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Atheletes’ Commission.
- Chairperson: Saina Nehwal
- Purpose – The Commission is a consultative body whose function is to act as “the link between active athletes and the IOC”. It makes recommendations to the IOC’s executive bodies, and its chair serves as a member of the IOC Executive Board. Saina Nehwal has been appointed as its member.
17. High Level Technical Team on Cauvery
- Chairperson: G S Jha
- Purpose – To visit the Cauvery Basin area and assess the ground realities.
18. One Man Judicial Committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- Chairperson: Justice L Narasimha Reddy
- Purpose – To look into the anomalies, if any, arising out of the implementation Of OROP.
19. Mata Prasad Committee
- To overhaul in transmission planning to facilitate transfer of power on economic principles.
20. National Committee on Trade Facilitation (NCTF)
- Chairperson: P K Sinha
- To facilitate domestic co-ordination and implementation of Trade Facilitation Agreement provisions.
21. Committee on Digital Payment
- Chairperson: Amitabh Kant, NITI Aayog CEO
- Purpose – To develop a digital payments option for the payment of all government-citizen transactions to flush out black money and corruption form the country.
22. Fire Safety Committee
- Chairperson: J P Nadda
- Purpose – To review fire safety measures at various Central Government Hospitals.
23. Mundra Committee
- Chairperson: S S Mundra
- Purpose – To speed up the process of recalibration Of Automated Teller Machines (ATM) to dispense the new denomination notes.
24. Deepak Mohanty Committee
- Data and Information Management in the RBI.
- A geographical information system (GIS) to map all banking access points. To step up the self-help group (SHG) -bank linkage programme (SBLP) initiated by NABARD. NPCI to develop a multilingual mobile application for customers.
- Account opening for females to be made easy
- Link biometric identifier like Aadhar
- Digitisation of land records
- SMS acknowledgement and disposal of customer services
25. Nachiket Mor Committee
- To permit NBFC’s to work as Business correspondence
26. Jairam Ramesh Committee
- On sustainable development
27. T. K. Vishwanathan Committee
- To provide Bankruptcy code for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
28. K. V. Kamath Panel
- To examine the financial architecture for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
29. Gopalakrishna Committee
- on Capacity Building in Banks and non-Banks
30. G N Bajpai Committee
- Guidelines for National Pension System (NPS) schemes in private sector.
31. Raghunath Anant Mashelkar panel
- To recommend best technologies for “Swachh Bharat” national sanitation campaign.
32. Committee on GST
- Chairperson: Dr. Amit Mitra
- Purpose – To frame rules for roll out of the ambitious GST regime in order to create boundary less one national market for tax collection.
33. Madhukar Gupta High Powered Committee
- Chairperson: Madhukar Gupta
- Purpose – strengthening border protection and addressing the issue of gaps and vulnerability in border fencing along Indo — Pakistan Border.
34. Justice B N Srikrishna Committee
- Review institutionalisation of arbitration mechanism in India.
35. KS Valdiya Committee
- To study existence of Saraswati river
36. Bibek Debroy Committee
- Restructuring of Indian Railways.
- Recommended to merge Railway budget with General Budget
37. Sivaramakrishnan Committee
- Submit Report to build the capital city for Andhra Pradesh
38. High Level Safety Review Committee (Railways)
- Chairman- Dr. Anil Kakodkar
- Purpose- to review the safety of the Indian Railways and recommend improvements.
39. Committee on Economic capital framework
- Chairman- Fmr RBI Gov Bimal Jalan
- Purpose- It will review “the need and justification of various provisions, reserves and buffers” that RBI has maintained for contingency purposes and suggest an adequate level of risk provisioning.
40. Committee on selection of Institutions of Eminence
- Chairman- N Gopalaswami
- Purpose- To select 20 Institutions of Eminence from among 104 institutions (public or private) that have applied for the status.