Current Affairs for Engineering Service Exam
Video Lectures and Test Series for ESE 2019
- National and International Issues on
- Economic Development
- Social Development
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
- The Key Initiatives of Government
- General Knowledge
Topic 1:Economic development
Incentive for Digital Payments
The government announced to come up with pilot project to incentivise digital payment.
- The scheme, once implemented, will let customers making payments using Rupay card or BHIM UPI get a cashback of 20 per cent of the total GST amount, subject to a maximum of Rs 100.
- However GST council members claim that the move may not be happen anytime sooner as the technology is not ready yet to support the system
- It will be up to the states, if they wish to take up the pilot project. It is not mandatory
Read more at:The new indian express
Topic 1:Social development
IMPRINT is the first of its kind MHRD supported Pan-IIT + IISc joint initiative to address the major science and engineering challenges that India must address.
- For advancing research in the high education institutions
- The government has approved 122 new research projects under IMPRINT-2 covering Energy, Security, Healthcare, Advanced Materials, ICT and Security/Defence domains.
- Of these 122, 81 are sponsored by industry
- IMPRINT proposals now open for higher education institutions including private institutions
Read more at: PIB
Topic 1:Industrial development
Public outreach along Ganga for Jal Marg Vikas Project
The public meetings are being held as part of a month-long dialogue initiative on the entire stretch of JMVP (Varanasi to Haldia)
The multi modal terminal at Sahibganj
- The IWAI is constructing a Rs 280. 90 crore multi modal terminal at Sahibganj in Jharkhand besides a proposed ship repair facility and a freight village.
- A Roll-on Roll-off (Ro-Ro) terminal at Sahibganj will provide critical connectivity with Bihar at Manihari.
- These interventions are set to change the socio-economic landscape of the land-locked region
- The state is richly endowed with mineral resources
- The IWAI is working with State Livelihood Missions for imparting necessary skill training for the youth, boatmen and other community members so that they could benefit from the employment opportunities
Jal Marg Vikas Project
- The Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) on NW-1 is being implemented with the financial and technical support of the World Bank.
- The Project entails development of fairway with 3 meters depth between Varanasi and Haldia (Phase-I) covering a distance of 1380 km
Read more at: PIB
Topic 3 : ICT
Bidder Information Management System (BIMS), Bhoomi Rashi PFMS linkage
Bidder Information Management System (BIMS)
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (M/o RT&H) has developed the Bidder Information Management System (BIMS) to streamline the process of pre-qualification of bidders for EPC Mode of contracts for all National Highway works with enhanced transparency and objectivity.
- BIMS would work as a data base
- BIMS would be used by all the project implementation agencies of the Ministry, for maintenance of technical information of civil works and for online technical evaluation of civil works bids.
- It is estimated that BIMS portal will significantly reduce the procurement time for projects
Bhoomi Rashi and PFMS linkage
- Bhoomi Rashi, the portal developed by MoRTH and NIC, comprises the entire revenue data of the country, right down to 6.4 lakh villages.
- Bhoomi Rashi portal has been instrumental in reducing the time taken for approval and publication of notifications pertaining to land acquisition
- Integration of Public Financial Management System (PFMS) with Bhoomi Rashi is one of the key functionalities to facilitate payment related to compensation for land acquisition to all the beneficiaries directly through the Bhoomi Rashi system.
The Public Financial Management System (PFMS)
- PFMS is a web-based online software application developed and implemented by the Office of Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
- The primary objective of PFMS is to facilitate sound public financial management system for Government of India (GoI)
- establishing an efficient fund flow system as well as a payment cum accounting network
- part of the Digital India initiative
Read more at: PIB
Topic 4: The Key Initiatives of Government
- Will cater to energy requirements of five states, covering 40 districts and 2,600 villages
- Will revive three large fertilizer plants, enable industrialization of over 20 cities and development of city gas network in 7 cities, thereby generating large numbers of jobs.
Government E Market Place- Gem For Procurement Of Goods And Services
- Allows Government departments and agencies to make direct purchases of up to Rs. 50,000
- To reduce corruption and increase transparency in Government procurement
Minimum Government – Maximum Governance
Bio metric attendance system
- Improved work culture in Government offices with emphasis on punctuality
Abolition of interviews
- For recruitment to non-gazetted posts in the Central government as part of efforts to put an end to corruption in jobs.
- Joining of direct recruits in Central Government has been allowed on the basis of self-certification of antecedents for UPSC aspirants which is being rolled out for others soon.
- Police verification would follow within 6 months.
Online Help – Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS)
- Online public grievance redressal mechanisms for effective and timely redress / settlement of citizens’ grievances.
- A ‘Good Governance’ initiative providing opportunity for citizens and well-wishers from across the world to share their views on key issues directly with the PM.