Quiz- August 14,2018August 15, 2018
Quiz- August 15,2018August 16, 2018
Current Affairs for Engineering Service Exam
Video Lectures and Test Series for ESE 2019
- National and International Issues on
- Economic Development
- Social Development
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
- The Key Initiatives of Government
- General Knowledge
Topic 1:Social development
Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Abhiyan (PMJAA)/Ayushman Bharat
The PMJAA, touted as the world’s largest healthcare scheme.
- It aims to provide a cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family annually
- It will benefit more than 10 crore poor families.
- To ensure that universal healthcare reached the weaker sections of society
- It could raise the ratio of people availing primary and secondary healthcare.
- To ensure transparency and effective implementation
- It will be launched on September 25
Read more at: The Hindu
Topic 3 : ICT
Ministry of Railway has made “digital screens” operational at 22 stations on this Independence Day
- An innovative low cost solution to spread awareness among public about the heritage of Indian Railways.
- The project aims at showcasing the legacy of Indian Railways through one to two minute-long movie clips on digital LED screens at the entrance gate of railway stations and also at different comfort areas.
- The short films will showcase heritage buildings, locomotives and much more to make people aware of the rich heritage of Indian Railways
QR code based posters:
- QR code based posters on Railway Heritage are also being displayed at these stations.
- Passenger can scan the QR code on their mobile to view a streaming video on their mobile on various facades of Railway heritage.
Read more at: Deccan Chronicle
Topic 4: The Key Initiatives of Government
- Kanyashree Prakalpa is an initiative taken by the Government of West Bengal.
- To improve the life and the status of the girls by helping economically backward families with cash so that families do not arrange the marriage of their girl child before eighteen years because of economic problem
- The purpose of this initiative is to uplift those girls who are from poor families and thus can’t pursue higher studies due to tough economic conditions
- It has been given international recognition by the United Kingdoms Department of International Development and the UNICEF.
Global Initiative Of Academic Networks (GIAN)
- It is an initiative aimed at tapping the talent pool of scientist and entrepreneurs internationally by collaborating Indian institutes of Higher Education in India with Foreign academics.
- It is to augment the country’s existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform and elevate the scientific and technological capacity to global excellence.
Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan (VISAKA)
- It is a financial literacy campaign.
- It is to actively engage the students of Higher Education Institutions to encourage them to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of funds.
- Ministry of HRD also aims to make financial transactions completely digital in all higher education institutions.