April 6,2019April 6, 2019
April 9,2019April 9, 2019
Current Affairs for Engineering Service Exam
- National and International Issues on
- Economic Development
- Social Development
- Industrial Development
- Energy and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
- General Knowledge
Topic 1:Economic development
Modified Credit Ratio
Modified Credit Ratio (MCR) helps measure mobility in ratings.
What is MCR?
- Modified Credit Ratio is defined as the ratio of ‘upgrades and reaffirmations’ to ‘downgrades and reaffirmations’.
- An MCR closer to one indicates higher stability in ratings, with a larger proportion of reaffirmations.
- An increase in the MCR implies stable and improving the credit quality of rated entities.
- A decrease in the MCR implies deterioration in the credit quality of rated entities.
- Entities are rated upgrade due to growth in sales, the rise in profit margins, favorable liquidity position.
- Entities are downgraded on account of liquidity constraints, deterioration in capital structure and decline in the scale of operation.
Topic 2 : Energy
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
According to a recent survey, most rural households with LPG (liquiefied petroleum gas) connections still use chulhas with firewood or dung cakes, to the detriment of rural health.
About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana aims to provide LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) connections to poor households.
- Under the scheme, an adult woman member of a below poverty line family identified through the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) is given a deposit-free LPG connection with financial assistance of Rs 1,600 per connection by the Centre.
- Eligible households will be identified in consultation with state governments and Union territories.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel.
- Empowering women and protecting their health.
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel.
- Preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel.
Read more at: The Hindu
Topic 3 : ICT
The Corporate Affairs Ministry will look to introduce Artificial Intelligence (AI) in MCA-21 when the third phase of the crucial portal is rolled out.
About MCA 21:
- MCA-21 portal is the electronic backbone for dissemination of information to all stakeholders, including the regulator, corporates and investors.
- The first phase of the e-governance initiative of the Corporate Affairs Ministry was implemented by Tata Consultancy Services
- The second phase is being implemented by Infosys for the period January 2013-July 2021.
- MCA-21 allows electronic filings of various documents under the Companies Act.
- The portal also provides public access to corporate information.
- It has fully automated all processes related to enforcement and compliance of legal requirements under the Act.
- It is an e-governance initiative of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
Read more at: The Hindu